Practical One-pot chicken chasseur, One-pot chicken chasseur, One-pot chicken chasseur Directions, Easy One-pot chicken chasseur
PREP: 20 MINS COOK: 1 HR, 30 MINS EASY SERVES 4
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g pack small button or chestnut mushrooms
- 225ml red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 500ml chicken stock
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil and half of the 25g butter in a large lidded casserole.
- Season 4 chicken legs, then fry for about 5 mins on each side until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Add 1 chopped onion, then fry for about 5 mins until soft.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, cook for about 1 min, add 200g small button or chestnut mushrooms, cook for 2 mins, then add 225ml red wine.
- Stir in 2 tbsp tomato purée, let the liquid bubble and reduce for about 5 mins, then stir in 2 thyme sprigs and pour over 500ml chicken stock.
- Slip the chicken legs back into the pan, then cover and simmer on a low heat for about 1 hr until the chicken is very tender.
- Remove the chicken legs from the pan and keep warm. Rapidly boil down the sauce for 10 mins or so until it is syrupy and the flavour has concentrated.
- Put the chicken legs back into the sauce and serve.