Practical Classic Chocolate-Chip Cookies, Eays Classic Chocolate-Chip Cookies, Classic Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Hands-On Time 20 Mins Total Time 1 Hour Yield Makes 48 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
How to Make It
Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.Step 2
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. One at a time, beat in the eggs, then the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts (if desired) by hand.
Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden around the edges but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.