Practical Chicken tikka skewers, Practical Chicken tikka skewers Directions, Chicken tikka skewers
PREP: 20 MINS COOK: 20 MINS EASY SERVES 4
- 150g pot low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp hot curry paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 250g pack cherry tomatoes
- 4 wholemeal chapatis, warmed, to serve
For the cucumber salad
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- handful chopped coriander leaves
- juice 1 lemon
- 50g pack lamb’s lettuce or pea shoots
- Put 8 wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak. Mix the yogurt and curry paste together in a bowl, then add the chicken (if you have time, marinate for an hr or so). In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, red onion, coriander and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
- Shake off any excess marinade, then thread the chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes onto the pre-soaked skewers. Cook under a medium grill for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time, until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Stir the lettuce or pea shoots into the salad, then divide between 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 chicken tikka skewers and serve with the warm chapatis.