Easy Fully loaded Cajun chicken burgers, Practical Fully loaded Cajun chicken burgers, Fully loaded Cajun chicken burgers Directions
PREP: 20 MINS COOK: 15 MINS EASY SERVES 4
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked bacon
- 2 avocados
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 4 thin slices of your favourite cheese
- 4 small handfuls baby spinach leaves
- mayonnaise, to serve (optional)
For the cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Mix the seasoning ingredients together with a good grinding of black pepper and a sprinkling of salt, then set aside in a large dish. Heat grill to high. On a board, flatten out the chicken slightly, then drizzle half the oil over and toss in the seasoning until completely coated. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, sizzle the chicken for 5 mins on each side until firm, push to one side of the pan, then fry the bacon for a few mins until cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, halve, stone, peel and slice the avocados, and toast the cut sides of the buns. Cover the tops of the buns with cheese, then grill until melted.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the buns with mayonnaise if you want, top with a handful of spinach, then a rasher of bacon. To keep the avocado in place, slice the chicken, then alternate between a slice of chicken and avocado. Top with the bun, press down lightly and serve.