Easy Chicken enchiladas, Practical Chicken enchiladas, Chicken enchiladas, Chicken enchiladas Directions
PREP: 20 MINS COOK: 50 MINS EASY SERVES 10
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 3 red chillies, 2 deseeded and chopped, 1 sliced
- small bunch coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped – plus extra to serve (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 415g can refried beans (we used Discovery)
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 700ml bottle passata
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 10 tortillas
- 2 x 142ml pots soured cream
- 200g cheddar, grated
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in your largest pan, then fry the onions, peppers, chopped chilli and coriander stalks with half the garlic for 10 mins until soft. Stir in 2 tsp ground coriander and 2 tsp cumin seeds, then fry for 1 min more. Meanwhile, in another frying pan, fry the chicken in the remaining oil, in batches, until browned – add it to the pan of veg as it is done.
- Stir the beans, sweetcorn, coriander leaves and 150ml of the passata into the veg and chicken. In a bowl, mix the rest of the passata with the other crushed garlic clove, the remaining spices and the sugar, then set aside.
- To assemble, lay the tortillas onto a board and divide the chicken mixture between them, folding over the ends and rolling up to seal. Divide the passata sauce into the dishes you are using, then top with the enchiladas. Dot over the soured cream, sprinkle with grated cheese and scatter with the sliced chilli.
- Cool and freeze (see freezing tips, below) or, if eating straight away, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, then bake for 30 mins, scattering with more coriander leaves to serve, if you like.